This is a super simple way to get some food in your kids! You can make it as a snack or side, but since my kids can be picky, I just made some broccoli to put on the side and served it as the main dish. I called it a win because they ate it all and I didn’t have to chase them around LOL.
My kids are not really into pepperoni so I didn’t add it to the ones I made but id you want to add some more protein and you or your kids like pepperoni, you can absolutely add it in and use the same directions.
I hope you enjoy this easy, kid-friendly recipe!
Easy Pizza Roll UpsCourse: dinner, Appetizers, snackCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
8 oz tube crescent roll
4 mozzarella sticks (cut in half)
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Pepperoni slices (16 pieces cut in half)
1 cup marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Open crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles and place on baking sheet.
- If you’re using pepperoni (my kids don’t like it so I just stick with cheese!), but if you want to use the pepperoni, add about 8 half slices to each crescent roll triangle.
- Now place a piece of string cheese (that’s been cut in half) onto the long edge of the triangle.
- Start to roll up the crescent roll starting with the long edge of the triangle (where the cheese is!). After you’ve rolled it up, just fold the sides down so it’s covering the cheese. Place the roll on the baking sheet with the seam down.
- Do this to the rest of the dough and place them all about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Add the Italian seasoning to butter and stir.
- Brush melted butter on top of rolls.
- Place rolls in oven for about 10 minutes (until golden brown).
- Warm up the marinara sauce and use it for dipping the rolls!
- Recipe adapted from The Country Cook
- You can add pepperoni to these if you’d like! My kids personally don’t like pepperoni so I just stick with the cheese and they love them (who wouldn’t?!).