Welcome to another week of “Becky Can’t Cook but I have to feed my kids”. Today we will be making Easy Chicken Fried Rice! This is the easiest thing in the world and a great way to use leftovers!
I try and bring you weekly meals that are easy to throw together, are quick, minimal ingredients, and minimal cooking (because I’d rather not set my oven on fire again).
Chicken Fried RiceCourse: DinnerCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
6 cups cooked rice (can be leftover, if not you can use boil in a bag, or whatever else you have. Just make sure it’s cooked).
1 cup leftover chicken (or rotisserie chicken), chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
Any other leftover veggies you want to add
1 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- In a large non-stick skillet, scramble 3 eggs and then chop up with spatula.
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil).
- Add in rice, veggies, and chicken
- Add soy sauce
- Start stirring all ingredients together. Add more soy sauce if desired!
- None of these measurements need to be exact! This recipe is really useful for using leftovers that may be in your fridge such as leftover rice, veggies, and chicken. You can use rotisserie chicken and if you don’t have that, you can always toss a frozen chicken breast into the instant pot for 15 minutes with a cup of water and chop that up! Or you can just skip the chicken altogether!